Sunday, August 9, 2009

Detox your mind


Detox your mind

I was hitting balls tonight at my home practice facility and realized I was not following one of my golden rules when practicing. I was focusing on the things that I was doing wrong and and not FOCUSING ON THE THINGS THAT I WAS DOING RIGHT, the result was that I was getting very frustrated because I was not making the contact and the swings that I wanted. I call these thoughts TOXIC!

We hear so much about chemicals that build up in our bodies and the need to detoxify. Health experts recommend various ways to cleanse ourselves of toxins and to avoid what is harmful. But what about all those negative, “toxic” thoughts that build up in our minds? When we dwell on negative things -- thinking about whatwe can’t do, or how someone hurt us, or how we got passed over for a promotion -- these are toxic thoughts. Left untreated, they become waste that clogs our minds. Golf, and other activities like it, provides a way for us to tune out negative thoughts and focus on the positive. Golf provides the opportunity to visualize the positive – when faced with a challenging hole, visualize your shot hitting the green, not splashing into the water hazard in front of the hole. The more you do this, the easier it becomes to focus on the positive, not the negative, in every aspect of your life.

Once I began to focus on the things I was doing right, guess what...I started to hit the ball better! Teach your child/junior golfer to focus on the things that they do well and you will see the confidence grow over time!

6 comments:

  1. Hi again¡¡

    The strategy of Golf picks is growing. You can see it in: http://betfan.blogspot.com/

    I wait you and your comments. Thanks and good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES the power of positive thinking - well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.buyinggolfonline.com/goods-257-Ping+K15+Fairway+Wood.html

    ReplyDelete